Election Stats

October 21, 2008

Election night prediction tool

Filed under: voting — Brian @ 10:36 pm

I am currently updating a tool I wrote which can help to make projections on election night.  I used it during the primaries and it simply takes the current vote tallies per county, along with the “% precincts counted” and then extrapolates each county individually to arrive at the totals for the whole state.  This can be super helpful in cases where a big city may only have 10% of the votes counted whereas the rest of the state might already be 90% done – in which case the overall numbers will have a big skew away from the city voting patterns.

Anyway, subscribe to my feed and I’ll post a link here when it is ready.  And, obviously it will only be useful for a couple hours on Nov 4th – less than 20 days away!


Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: